Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goodbye SWIFT

In roughly four years of role playing I have always played with the idea to run my own e-federation. It has always seemed like something I would love to do, to give the FW community something they would enjoy to read and take pleasure of being a part of.

Well, I had my opportunity to run my very first e-fed with SWIFT: MMA. And trust me, it was more of a pain in the ass than anything. I loved writing the matches, I love MMA, I am an MMA fanatic, so to share my passion with the sport with others through role playing and writing shows was an idea that sprang on me one day when talking with Paul Miller.

Actually, the original idea for SWIFT: MMA was that it would be a partner of WFW and become Worlds Finest Fighting. But when things pressed on I decided to attempt and venture in the world of fed heading.

Well, I loved every second of it, I mean my dream of having a fed was right next to everything else on my checklist:
1. Board on the famous FW community boards…Check!
2. Write a show and be a fed head…Check!
3. Get bunch of role players in my fed….Fail.

It seems as much as I recruited, and I did a shit load of recruiting I had to do endless recruiting of just surfing the net, getting AIM screen names, doing cold instant messages, mass emails, forum board posts, I even posted on UFC.com advertising this and multiple MMA forums.

Three guys…

Not including Paul Miller, who was obligated to join.

Made a website, toiled with flash and making a flash intro to spice up stuff, make the fed seem more professional, got a basic website, even had Chad go and make boards and Brunk help moderate them with deleted threads.

Through it all…six RPers….only four of them role play…

It’s like dealing with the blind and trying to lead. I have so much energy and love for mixed martial arts but I suppose the FW Community doesn’t share that passion, but don’t get me wrong half the guys are honestly just too busy to even be bothered with another league.

Most of the guys are already in four to five leagues then add in a sixth and you are asking way too much. Most just hate MMA, find it boring, don’t know how one can find two people trying to break the others arm or knock them out boring, but the do.

Where is this all going?

Simple. I am tossing in the white flag, three shows, three RPers sadly, no substantial growth worth me losing sleep over or dedicating hours to.

So to all who have given effort in SWIFT and who have roleplayed and believed that this can go somewhere.

Soon, Mr. Brunk will be moving SWIFT into the FW Archives, but I am happy with that, I am happy that I had something that will be in the folders with GCW and others. FW’s first MMA trial run, flopped.

Maybe, sometime in the future, I will try it again, or I will try a wrestling federation, or something way off the wall. But until then, SWIFT is cancelled.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, man. I'm in about 3 leagues right now, which is about my maximum, and I really am not a huge MMA fan, so I couldn't really justify joining another league, especially with a format I didn't like.

    That being said, you did a good job, and I don't want you to think that it was a total waste of time. It's just a tough sell and a lot different and probably something as conservative as FWC may not be the place to launch it.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete